Dual Degree Programs
The College of Arts and Sciences offers a range of dual degree programs that enable eligible students enrolled in one degree program to complete work toward an additional degree program. Dual programs take two general forms:
- Dual undergraduate/graduate programs enable admitted undergraduate students to begin taking specified graduate courses during their senior year (or earlier in some cases) and count the coursework toward both the undergraduate and graduate degree.
- Dual graduate programs enable admitted students to use specified coursework from one graduate or professional degree program to also count toward another program.
Students in dual programs are enrolled in each degree program either concurrently or in close succession. Dual degrees may, therefore, be awarded at the same time, or one degree may be awarded prior to the second. The College of Arts and Sciences currently has the following dual degree programs.
Dual Undergradaute/Graduate Programs:
- Bachelor of Arts / Juris Doctorate (for Honors students)
- B.A. in Applied Linguistics / M.A. in Applied Linguistics
- B.A. in Art, Art History concentration / M.A. in Art History (Welch School of Art and Design)
- B.A. in French / M.A. in French
- B.S. in Biology/ M.S. in Biology (Department of Biology)
- B.S. in Chemistry/ M.S. in Chemistry (Department of Chemistry)
- B.S. in Computer Science / M.S. in Computer Science
- B.S. in Computer Science / Master of Science in Health Administration (Health Informatics specialization)
- B.S. in Computer Science / Master of Science in Information Systems
- B.A. in Film and Video / M.A. in Communication, Film/Video concentration (Department of Communication)
- B.A. in Geosciences / M.S. in Geosciences (Department of Geosciences)
- B.S. in Geosciences / M.S. in Geosciences (Department of Geosciences)
- B.A. in History / M.A. in History
- B.A. in History / Master of Historic Preservation (M.H.P.)
- B.S. in Mathematics (Actuarial Science concentration) / Master of Actuarial Science
- B.S. in Mathematics (Computer Information Systems concentration) / Master of Science in Information Systems
- B.S. in Mathematics (Mathematical Risk Management concentration) / Master of Science in Risk Management and Insurance (Mathematical Risk Management specialization)
- Bachelor of Music (B.Mu.) / Master of Music (M.Mu.)
- B.S. in Neuroscience / M.S. in Neuroscience (Neuroscience Institute)
- B.S. Physics / M.A.T. Science Education
- B.A. in Political Science / M.A. in Political Science
- B.A. in Religious Studies / M.A. in Religious Studies
- B.A. in Sociology / M.A. in Sociology
- B.A. in Sociology (Department of Sociology) / M.A. in Gerontology (Gerontology Institute)
- B.A. in Spanish / M.A. in Spanish
Sample course plans will be added to this site soon. In the interim, please consult with the relevant department for dual program curriculum.